The recreational activity of making cupcakes to share. This may include trying new recipes and constantly saving them on Pinterest.
I warned you that I was going to make Cupcaking a thing. It is a published official word. (* Warning- Urban Dictionary should not necessarily be consulted when trying to look up definitions. Some images you can’t get out of your head.)
I finished the last Cupcake Project in November 2015. I wanted the third go around to be a little more of a challenge. I looked for a few more out of the ordinary flavors. You can only make so many cookies & cream or lemon cupcakes. If this is my hobby, then I have to branch out. It is getting a bit harder to make sure that I have not made a repeat cupcake or one that is too similar to a previous flavor.
If you have not already read the reason why I started the Cupcake Project a few years ago, you can revisit my past blog post. The Cupcake Project
The majority of the recipes can be found on my Pinterest Page under The Cupcake Project 3.0 Board Pinterest Board The Cupcake Project 3.0
I am nearing the 1/3 way point of The Cupcake Project 4.0 so this is late in coming but I am happy to share with you the Cupcake Project 3.0 List. Enjoy!
1. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
Week 1 Bonus- Devil’s Food Cupcake with a Peanut Butter- Chocolate Ganache topped with a Peanut Butter Cream Frosting. Happy Birthday to my friend Ethel.
2. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cinnamon Sugared Chocolate Chip Frosting
3. Butterscotch Cupcakes (white cupcake with a butterscotch buttercream dipped in a butterscotch ganache)
4. White Russian Cupcakes (Vanilla cupcake with vodka & Kahlua with a brush of more Kahlua topped with a Kahlua buttercream)
5. Nutterbutter & Chocolate Overload Cupcakes (Devil’s Food Cupcake with crushed Nutterbutters in it. Topped with a peanut butter frosting, then a milk chocolate frosting & finally a tiny Nutterbutter)
6. Apple Crisp Cupcakes (Vanilla Cupcake with a Cinnamon frosting, topped with a homemade apple pie filling and an oat crisp)
7. Cranberry Cupcakes (vanilla cupcake with cranberry sauce filling topped with a cranberry buttercream frosting)
8. Pecan Pie Cupcakes (butter cake with a homemade from scratch caramel frosting, topped with toasted pecans & a piece of pie crust)
9. White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
10. Orange Clove Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream
Week 10 Bonus- Maple-Bacon Cupcakes
11. Chocolate- Peppermint Cupcakes (Devil’s Food Cupcake with a Peppermint Buttercream frosting)
12. Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes (Chocolate Syrup Cupcakes filled with Nutella and topped with a Ferrero Rocher candy)
13. Earl Grey Cupcakes with a Lemon Buttercream Frosting
14. Tiramisu Cupcakes
15. Bananas Foster Cupcakes
Week 15 Bonus- Mt. Dewritos Cupcakes & Coconut-Lime Cupcakes (with lime curd filling) Super Bowl Party at our house!
16. Mayan Chocolate Cupcakes (Cinnamon, Ancho Chile & Cayenne spiced Chocolate cake with Cinnamon Chocolate Buttercream frosting)
17. Pineapple Cream Cupcakes (Pineapple cupcake with a cream cheese frosting)
18. Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes (white cake with baked in Reese’s Pieces topped with a Peanut Butter Buttercream frosting, a PB-Chocolate ganache drizzle and of course Reese’s Pieces)
19. Blue Moon Cupcakes (it has a bit of Blue Moon Beer & orange zest in the cupcake and topped with Frothy White Frosting)
20. Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes with a Whipped Buttercream frosting
21. Heath Bar Cupcakes (Devil’s Food Cupcake with Heath Bar bits in the cake & buttercream frosting. Topped then with a chocolate ganache & of course a piece of a Heath Bar)
Week 21 bonus- Funfetti Cupcakes & Neapolitan Cupcakes. It was for a fundraiser bake sale!
22. Sour Patch Cupcakes (2 varieties lemon-raspberry & black cherry-lime)
23. German Chocolate Cupcakes
24. Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes with orange cream cheese frosting
25. Jack & Coke Cupcakes (Cola-Chocolate Cupcake filled with a chocolate-whiskey ganache and topped with a Whiskey Buttercream frosting)
26. Grape Kool-Aid Cupcakes
27. Snickers Cupcakes (Chocolate Cupcake filled with caramel & topped with a caramel buttercream. Oh an a piece of a real Snickers)
28. Banana Pudding Cupcake (banana pudding cake topped with a whipped cream topping & a Nilla Wafer)
29. Lemoncello Cupcakes with a Lemoncello glaze & then Lemoncello Cream Cheese Frosting
30. Blueberry Cupcakes with a Honey Buttercream frosting (and a drizzle of blueberry preserves)
31. Banana Split Cupcakes ( Devils Food & Banana Cupcake with a Strawberry Buttercream Frosting topped with chocolate syrup, sprinkles & of course, a cherry)
32. Rum Punch Cupcakes ( Coconut-Rum Cupcakes with a Pineapple-Lime-Rum infused Whipped Cream topping)
33. Atomic Fire Ball Cupcakes
34. Candied Grapefruit Cupcakes
35. Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes (chocolate & banana cupcake topped with a PB buttercream & a chocolate ganache)
Week 35 Bonus- Mayan Chocolate Cupcake with Cocoa-Cinnamon Buttercream frosting. Happy Birthday, Juliet!
Week 35 Bonus Part 2- Port Wine & Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting. The yearly Happy Birthday cupcake of my amazing friend, Kara!
Week 35 Bonus Part 3- Triple Threat Cupcakes (white cake with an Oreo bottom, filled with chocolate chip cookie dough and topped with a brownie crumble buttercream) Happy Birthday to my husband’s BFF, Jason. He doesn’t get to partake in the cupcakes often, so he deserves the bonus.
Week 35 Bonus Part 4- Cookies ‘N Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Oreo frosting and Tardis sprinkles. Whew! It was a busy week.
36. Mango-Lime Cupcakes- This is the second time in the entire history of all my Cupcake Project incarnations that a recipe was a total fail.
37. Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
38. Cabernet Blackberry Cupcakes (the cupcake is a chocolate cab blackberry cake with a cab blackberry buttercream)
39. Avocado Cupcakes
This is my first vegan cupcake. No eggs or butter. Avocado’s substitute for all that. The cupcake is chocolate and the frosting is an avocado cream frosting. One of the most different yet.
40. Piña Colada Cupcakes (pineapple-rum cake with coconut-rum buttercream)
41. Chocolate-Bacon Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting ( the frosting is dulce de leche cream cheese frosting & is topped with candied bacon & sea salt)
42. Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes with strawberry whipped cream frosting
43. Kiwi-Vanilla Cupcake with Kiwi Buttercream
44. Golden Oreo Cupcakes (yellow cake with a Golden Oreo bottom & cream cheese frosting)
45. Lemon-Ginger Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting
46. Island Daiquiri Cupcakes (coconut-rum cake with a line curd filling topped with a mango whipped cream frosting)
47. Cinnamon-Sugar Cupcakes (Butter cake topped & filled with a cinnamon buttercream & a caramel drizzle)
48. Raspberry-Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes (lemon cake with a cheesecake filling & topped with a raspberry cream cheese frosting)
49. Peppermint Patty Cupcakes (Chocolate cake topped with a peppermint filling and chocolate glaze. And a tiny Peppermint Patty)
50. Banana-Bourbon Cupcakes. (There is a lot going on here) Banana cake with toffee & chocolate chips topped with a bourbon buttercream frosting & a chocolate-bourbon ganache. A finally a few more toffee bits.
51. Maple Walnut Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Week 51 Bonus- Chocolate Death by Oreo Cupcakes. For my niece’s end of the season Field Hockey banquet
52. Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting & a Cranberry Orange Drizzle
Don’t worry I have many more recipes to try. Pinterest, friends and some great cook books keep them coming.