Last week I finished the second Cupcake Project in the last couple years. 52 weeks, with a new cupcake flavor every week. Okay there were a couple break weeks but you get the point.
I explained previously about the reason why I do this project. It is fun, it is a hobby. Plus it is nice to share my creations with others. I still have no desire to open a shop, despite the constant comment from people (that clearly do not read my blog…)
I have a sense of accomplishment that I stuck to this project for a second time. Sure others benefitted from this, but ultimately it is for me. It is nice to know that you are good at something. I know that I can make a cupcake recipe up on my own, make pretty much any cake from scratch, and make a kick-ass frosting recipe up on the fly.
So I welcome this break from cupcakes, and the heat of the oven in the summer. But I promise, I will be back. I again have far too many recipes to let this die. So stay tuned for the Cupcake Project 3.0, coming soon.
Here is the complete list of this year’s project, including bonus recipes. Enjoy!
And you can probably find most of the these recipes on Pinterest if you are dying to have them. Or just ask.
1. Hummingbird Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
2. Pink Lemonade Cupcakes with a Lemon Glaze
3. Chocolate & Caramel Cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with caramel glaze)
Week 3 Bonus- Reese’s Cup Cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting) Happy Birthday to my sister!
4. Mt. Dew Cupcakes with Mt. Dew Buttercream
Week 4 Bonus- a much requested favorite Port Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes with Mascarpone frosting.
Happy Birthday to my awesome friend, Kara
5. Raspberry Hot Chocolate Cupcakes (Spiced Devil’s food cupcakes. Filled with a raspberry marshmallow filling and topped with raspberry whipped cream)
Week 5 Bonus- Dark Chocolate Mint Cupcakes (dark chocolate cupcake with a mint ganache and topped with a buttercream poof and thin mint crumble) Happy Birthday to my buddy, Nick.
6. Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp Cupcakes (vanilla cupcake with a cinnamon oat crisp topping, filled with strawberry-rhubarb jam and vanilla buttercream)
7. Very Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
8. French Toast Cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting and bacon sprinkles
Week 8 Bonus- nephew 3 & 4’s birthday request. Chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow filling, topped with a buttercream frosting and strawberries.
Week 8 Bonus #2- nephew #2’s birthday request. Chocolate cupcakes with an Oreo cream cheese filling topped with a Buttercream frosting. And all decked out with a Tardis.
9. Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Also week 9 the Kid Friendly Variation. The Chocolate Fudge Frosting has alcohol in it. And I had a request from some awesome (non-niece) girls for “worms & dirt,” so this worked out nicely!
10. Footy Fruity Sangria Cupcakes (I do not name these things!)
11. Wasabi & White Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
12. Churro Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (and a Dulce de Leche filling)
13. Raspberry-Vanilla Cupcakes (vanilla cake with a raspberry filling topped with a lemon cream topping)
14. Mississippi Mud Cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with marshmallows and fudge frosting)
Week 14 Bonus- Apple Cider Cupcakes with an Apple-Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
15. Cotton Candy Cupcakes (they were filled with a vanilla pudding filling. Plus cotton candy & sprinkles)
16. Ginger Cupcakes with Cream Cheese filling and a Caramel Frosting
17. Moscato Cupcakes with a Vanilla-Moscato Frosting. (Wine is good!)
18. Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
19. Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
20. Dr. Pepper Cupcakes
21. I Heart My Chunky Hubby Cupcakes (roasted banana cupcakes filled with a chocolate ganache and topped with a peanut butter frosting)
22. Cannoli Cupcakes (vanilla cupcake with a ricotta cannoli filling and chocolate whipped cream frosting)
23. Almond-Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
24. Mexican Chocolate Pudding filled Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Frosting. (I made pudding from scratch!!)
25. Chocolate Wasted Cupcakes (There is no description needed, it is just a whole lotta chocolate)
26. Peppermint Cupcakes with a Peppermint Buttercream Frosting
27. Coconut-Nutella Cupcakes (Devil’s Food Cupcake with a Nutella Ganache, topped with coconut cream cheese frosting and of course, coconut)
28. Golden Gingerbread Cupcakes (What makes then golden? Just a little Goldschlager)
29. Cherry-Pistachio Tea Cakes
30. Salted Caramel PayDay Cupcakes
Week 30 Bonus- Caramel Appletini Cupcakes. Happy Birthday to my amazing friend, Jana!!
31. Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes (chocolate cupcake with caramel frosting and caramel corn topping)
32. Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with a Cinnamon-Cocoa Frosting
Week 32 Bonus- Dark Chocolate & Bacon Cupcakes and Marzipan Cupcakes with a Mascarpone Frosting
33. Blueberry- Rose Cupcakes with Whipped Cream topping
(Lesson learned- Rosewater is not meant to be consumed on its own. It is only meant to be mixed with things)
34. Lemon-Basil Cupcakes with a lemon glaze
Week 34 Bonus- Raspberry Neopolitan Cupcakes. (Devils food and Vanilla cupcakes with a raspberry cream cheese frosting) Niece #1’s birthday cupcake of choice.
35. Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
36. Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes with Lemon Cream
37. Chocolate-Green Tea Cupcakes with Green Tea Buttercream Frosting (These were truly awful!)
38. Highway to Heaven Cupcakes. (To break it down for you- chocolate cupcake with a coffee syrup glaze, filled with caramel, then dipped in a chocolate ganache, finally topped with a potato chip with a chocolate & caramel drizzle.)
39. Chocolate-Cherry Cupcakes with a Whipped Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
40. Guava Cupcakes with a Guava jelly filling and topped with Cream Cheese/Whipped Cream frosting
Week 40 Bonus- Flourless Chocolate Cupcake, Lemon Buttermilk Cupcake with Lemon Curd filling & Lemon Buttercream Frosting and Vanilla Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting & Sprinkles. It was a bake sale!
41. Sweet Potato- Bourbon Cupcakes. (They are topped with both a vanilla glaze and a Bourbon syrup. With the final topping- a candied pecan)
42. Cinnamon- Banana Cupcakes with Nutella centers and Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
43. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes (vanilla cupcake with a strawberry jam filling and topped with a PB buttercream frosting)
44. Apple & Olive Oil Cupcakes with a Maple Cream Cheese frosting
45. Chocolate Ancho Chili-Zucchini Cupcakes with a Chili Infused Whipped Chocolate Frosting
46. Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes (with dark rum whipped cream topping)
47. Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes
48. Almond Joy Cupcakes (Devil’s Food Cupcake topped with a cream cheese coconut frosting, then dipped in a chocolate ganache with almonds on top)
49. Red Vine Cupcakes (chocolate cupcake with a Red Vine filling topped with a Red Licorice Buttercream frosting and of course Red Vines)
Week 49 Bonus- Devil’s food cupcakes with a swirled blue & purple buttercream frosting. A special birthday cupcakes for my sweet little friend Mia!
Week 49 Bonus #2- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes with a Lemon Curd filling topped with a Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting & a strawberry. Happy Birthday to my friend, Critter!
Week 49 #3- Almond- Apricot Cupcake. An almond cupcake with an apricot filling topped with an Amaretto Buttercream Frosting. (Note: I actually made this cupcake recipe up on my own. I am getting pretty good at this) Happy Birthday to my friend Jason!
50. Parmesan Sour Cream Cupcakes with Raspberry Whipped Cream Frosting
51. Root Beer Float Cupcakes (root beer cake with a cream filling, topped with a root beer glaze and a buttercream frosting)
52. Sweet Lavender Cupcakes (butter cake cupcake with a wild honey Mascarpone frosting topped with a lavender brittle)